Protein isn’t just for athletes! Protein is essential in aiding muscle growth, regulating hormones, and helping you to feel full and focused. If you travel frequently, you might not always have time to get the protein your body needs. Instead of heading towards the drive-thru next time you’re on-the-go, consider taking one of these protein-packed snacks on your trip!
- Beef jerky. Jerky is available from nearly every gas station, grocery store, and convenience store, and it’s also a great source of portable protein. Jerky contains an impressive 28 grams of protein in a single serving.
- Greek yogurt. Sweet and tangy, Greek yogurt isn’t just delicious — it’s also a protein powerhouse. A single cup of Greek yogurt contains a whopping 20 grams of protein. Toss one in your bag and enjoy a sweet treat that keeps you full!
- Roasted chickpeas. Roasted chickpeas are an excellent source of protein for vegetarians and vegans. A half-cup serving of chickpeas contains 7.5 grams of protein, as well as almost every vitamin and mineral the human body needs.
- Trail mix. Trail mix is a blend of nuts, dried fruit, chocolate, and grains that offer tons of protein. The average bag of trail mix contains 8 grams of protein in a 2-ounce serving. To increase your protein intake even further, look for a mix with almonds or pistachios.
- Crispy Protein Cakes. Crispy Protein Cakes from Truvy™ are individually wrapped and perfect for travel. Each bar contains 20 grams of protein and 12 grams of fiber!
- Protein Popcorn. Another awesome product from Truvy™, Protein Popcorn contains 2.5 times the protein of normal popcorn and half the carbs. Protein Popcorn comes in White Cheddar and Salty & Sweet flavors, allowing you to take your favorite flavors on your next adventure!
Protein-filled snacks from Truvy™ can help you reach your health and fitness goals. To pick up your Protein Popcorn or Crispy Protein Cakes just browse our site!