Whether you’re pressed for time or simply hate spending an hour cooking, there are still easy options for healthy meal prep ideas for weight loss. You don’t have to sacrifice eating balanced meals during a busy week.
To help make your life easier, we at Truvy have compiled a list of delicious, nutritious meal ideas that’ll make you wish you started meal prepping sooner!
1. Philly Cheesesteak Meal Prep
Not only is this meal quick and yummy, but it’s also very customizable. Don’t like colby jack? Try provolone! Want healthier rice? Swap it out for cauliflower rice. This is a crowd favorite.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 cup cooked basmati rice
- Cook the rice, following package directions.
- Saute the beef on medium heat until halfway cooked.
- Add in the onion, green pepper, and mushrooms. Let simmer until beef is cooked completely. Drain excess fat.
- Add the Worcestershire and beef broth to the pan. Allow ingredients to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cheese to the mixture, and remove from heat. Let it melt for a minute.
- Divide the Philly cheesesteak mixture into 3-4 meal prep containers, and add ½ cup cooked rice to each container.
2. Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos with Avocado Crema
If you don’t usually like cauliflower, this recipe may just change your mind.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon each: salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3/4 cup hot sauce
- Shredded cabbage
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 avocados
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup sour cream (can swap for greek yogurt)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Whisk flour, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cut cauliflower into small florets.
- Submerge cauliflower pieces in the batter, and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake on an upper rack for 15-20 minutes until lightly crisped.
- Toss the baked cauliflower in a bowl with the hot sauce, and return it to the pan. Bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Make the Avocado Crema by mixing the avocados, garlic, sour cream, water, and salt in a food processor (or blender) until smooth.
- Toss the slaw with some of the avocado crema until it’s creamy.
- Assemble the tacos by filling each tortilla with slaw, cauliflower, and a drizzle of avocado crema. Lightly top with cilantro.
3. Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats
Meal prep for weight loss doesn’t get easier than this. Overnight oats only take five minutes to prep, and there is a great deal of variety to be enjoyed with hundreds of online recipes. Here’s our favorite:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 banana, chopped
- Place oats in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk milk, honey, and yogurt together.
- Pour wet ingredients over oats and stir to combine.
- Stir in the strawberries and bananas.
- Distribute the mixture into cups (or a mason jar) and refrigerate overnight.
Pro tip: If you have a sweet tooth, the yogurt can be swapped for vanilla or strawberry flavors.
4. Chicken, Bacon, Avocado Lettuce Wraps
This is a great recipe for a refreshing and filling lunch. If you’re in even more of a time crunch, you can also use premade bacon bits and premade chicken breast from the store to avoid having to cook!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 pack of bacon
- Ranch dressing (fat-free or light)
- Lettuce (romaine or iceberg)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 lime
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Start by seasoning the chicken with salt and pepper, then cook to your liking on the stovetop. Cut into bite-sized pieces when done, and mix in the cilantro.
- Meanwhile, bake your bacon on a foil-lined cookie sheet at 425° for 15-20 minutes. Chop the bacon when done.
- Wash the lettuce and carefully remove each leaf.
- Squeeze half a lime over the avocado, tomato, and chicken.
- Take the lettuce leaf, fill it with bacon, avocado, tomato, and chicken. Then drizzle with ranch.
Looking For More?
We have you covered! If you’re looking for more inspiration, take a look at these other healthy recipes we have for you. And if you want to take your weight loss journey to the next level, check out these Truvy products!