Happy first day of Spring! March 20th was the official first day of Spring! (Even though it’s snowing here in Utah…but that’s not the point). Anyways, it was also the national day of happiness, we like to think these two things go hand in hand. We don’t know about you, but we get SO excited when there’s more sunlight in our day and more opportunities to go outside. So we figured, let’s talk about it with you!
It’s not shock that too much unprotected sun exposure can be bad for our skin. But a little bit every day actually has long-lasting benefits. Just make sure to wear sunscreen!
Benefits of getting outside (P.S. there’s a lot outside this list)
- Feeling a little down? You’d be surprised what a little sunshine can do. Anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues can be eased by spending time outside
- Getting a boost of vitamin D. You can improve your health just by soaking up the sun
- Better brain function
- Can reduce stress
- Is known to improve sleep
- Is known to help keep weight off
- Can increase your energy levels
We could just be speaking for ourselves, but sometimes we get in a rut and tend to count down the days to a weekend, vacation, etc. to feel truly happy. We find ourselves saying, “next week things will be better” or “I just have to get past this point.” It’s important that we find small ways each day to make ourselves happy. A little can go a long way.
Ways you can achieve small moments of happiness each day:
- Find something that will make you smile
- Get enough sleep (hey, have you tried truSLUMBER?)
- Make a list of 5 things you’re thankful for (If you haven’t tried this yet, you should)
- Complete a random act of kindness for someone else
- Take 10 deep breaths
- Spend some time away from your phone
- Set time aside to spend with friends and family
There are a million and ten ways we can find small moments of happiness each day. We just have to be diligent and make a habit out of them. So go out and find yours! Never a better time to start than today.
Here’s to finding more happiness and sunshine in our lives,