It’s no secret that water is essential to our health! In fact, our bodies are composed of approximately 60% water. Despite its essential nature, many of us don’t drink enough water every day. In this blog post, we’ll explain why hydration is so important and offer some easy tips for staying hydrated throughout the day.
Why Stay Hydrated?
We’re willing to bet that you enjoy your life way more when your body is working in tip-top shape. 😉 And staying hydrated helps it do just that! For example, water:
- Lubricates joints
- Regulates body temperature
- Carries nutrients and oxygen to cells
- Flushes toxins from the body
- Helps with digestion
- Aids in weight loss
- Boosts skin health
- Improves brain function
Dehydration can happen more quickly than you think, and can be brought on by a number of factors, such as climate, physical activity, and a poor diet. Losing more fluid than you take in can cause us to feel run down—and, at worst, even dangerously ill.
How Much Water Should I Drink Every Day?
The amount of water you need to drink every day depends on a number of factors, including your activity level, the climate you live in, and your overall health. However, a good rule of thumb is to drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day (approximately 2 liters).
Tips for Staying Hydrated
Let’s take a look at some easy ways to make sure we’re getting enough H2O! 🤗
– Keep a reusable water bottle with you at all times and make sure to refill it regularly throughout the day.
– Eat foods that contain high levels of water like fruits and vegetables.
– Drink water before, during, and after you exercise.
– Drink herbal tea, sparkling water, or black coffee if you get tired of plain old H2O.
– Download a hydration tracking app on your phone to help you stay on track.
Drinking enough water is essential for maintaining good health and well-being. You’re on your way to greatness, so make sure you’re properly fueled along the way!