Your daily snacks (aka chips) could be destroying your life
Not to sound overdramatic or anything, but your daily snacks could literally be destroying your life. Okay that was a bit dramatic but it’s true and please don’t hate us for being the ones to say it. Don’t get us wrong, we love a good bag of chips but sometimes we need to get our priorities straight.
Here’s the thing, if you’re part of our Truvy™ fam in any way, shape or form we’re all here to better our health. It’s a slow process, and one we’ve quit more times than we care to admit but we know in the end it’s worth it right? We sure hope so! But no matter what we’re here to help you every step of the way as your weight loss sidekick.
You get the mid afternoon slump and where do you turn? Probably the vending machine at work, the one where people gather to make small talk and purchase tasty treats. A common go-to are those tempting potato chips on the top row. Well, you may want to rethink that option (just saying)
- High in fat
- High in sodium
- Can lead to weight gain
- Need I say more?!
Portion control is probably the biggest problem. Potato chips are delicious and amazing on their own but then we go ahead and add sugars and salts and all this other stuff to it, that changes the average serving size. An average serving size of chips 7-10 chips and let’s be real, who actually sticks to that? By the time you get to the bottom of the bag you’ve probably eaten 3-4 serving sizes and all your health goals for that day have gone out the window.
- Combo: First of all, are you taking your combo every day? That should help support appetite control. If not, then you should definitely look into that here. Trust us.
- Healthy Snacks: Bring some healthy snacks to work (easier said than done but it’s totally doable). We also get that you don’t want to be the boring one in the office known as the “healthy eater”. But in our office that’s the coolest thing to go by and we’ll think that you’re pretty cool for it too. Bring something new to the small talk at the vending machine by offering your coworkers a Truvy CRAFTED™ protein cakes. Not only are they delicious but trendy and packed with protein too.
- You can also grab our new protein shakes that are all the rage right now. Healthy doesn’t have to be boring… trust us, we’ve spent years making it look cool.
- Something crunchy: If you’re still in the mood for something crunchy try looking for a lower calorie alternative. Look for chips that are popped over fried or even some baby carrots. Baby carrots are always the way to go.
- Manage Stress: Try to manage your stress levels. Isn’t that easier said than done? Stressing not only has so many side effects to your body but cravings are at the top of the list. When that stress kicks in try going for a walk or taking a break from whatever is stressing you out. Get outside and let that cold air do the trick.
In the end it’s just better for you
We’re not total monsters who say to cut out all food that brings you joy. We’re just saying enjoy them in moderation. In the end, it’s those small adjustments we make that make all the difference.
Here’s to cutting out what isn’t good for us,
*THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE, OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.