Happy & Healthy 4th of July Recipes
Happy 4th of July from your friends here at TruVision Health™. You know we always find a way to whip up tasty recipes for you on these special holidays. So grab your friends and family to celebrate this great day with some happy & healthy 4th of July recipes.
Start with a 4th of July Patriotic Appetizer!
American Flag Taco Salad
- 1 pound of ground beef/ 500g Beef Mince
- (if you want to make this taco flag vegetarian, you can substitute the beef for vegetarian crumbles)
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of your favorite salsa
- Desired amount of Crafted™ Mexican Baja Lime
- 4 cups of shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup of pitted large olives (these need to be sliced lengthwise)
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 to 3 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 4 to 6 cups of tortilla chips
- Cook the ground beef in a large frypan over medium heat. Cook the beef until it has turned light brown and appears to be cooked through. If there is excess grease from the beef, drain that.
- Add the Crafted™ Mexican Baja Lime seasoning, water, and salsa. Simmer the mixture for approximately 1 minutes. Keep the frypan uncovered as the mixture cooks. Most of the liquid should have cooked off.
- In a 13×9″ pan, place the tortilla chips in an even layer (if you are serving the dish right away!) If you are not serving the dish immediately, skip this step and serve the tortillas in a bowl.
- Evenly spread the beef mixture over the cups.
- Spread a layer of shredded lettuce over the chips and beef.
- In the upper left hand corner, add the sliced olives to create the stars on the flag.
- Create your flag stripes by using the cherry tomatoes and creating straight and even rows with them.
- In between the rows of tomatoes add your shredded cheese. Then, dig in!
Every 4th of July Always Needs a Barbecue!
- 3 lb chicken wings
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1-2 Tbsp of your choice of Crafted™ spice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil and fit the baking sheets with wire racks.
- If your chicken wings are whole, cut the tips off, and separate the drumettes and the flats.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken wings with the melted butter and your choice of Crafted™ seasoning.
- Arrange the coated chicken wings in a single layer on the wire racks, not touching each other. Bake until the skin is browned and crispy, about 40 minutes.
- 2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 orange
- 1 8 oz can pineapple chunks (canned in 100% juice)
- 1 Tbsp Island BBQ Crafted™ Spice
- 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Heat oven to 375º F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place thawed chicken breasts in a large bowl, squeeze juice from 1/2 orange over chicken, and sprinkle with 1-2 tbsp Crafted™ Island BBQ Crafted Spice, dried onion, and minced garlic.
- Toss to coat, then place on prepared baking sheet and top with pineapple chunks.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until temperature of chicken reaches 165º F.
Don’t Forget a 4th of July Dessert!
Bring the s’mores without the campfire with this delicious s’mores mug cake made with our rePLACE™ protein mix.
- 1 pouch chocolate rePLACE™
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp almond flour or coconut flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- Grease a large mug and add the egg and almond milk. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Cook in the microwave on half power 2-3 minutes, checking on it often so it doesn’t overflow or get overcooked.
- Melt a marshmallow by cooking it another 20-30 seconds and top with a 1/4 graham cracker. Enjoy!
We hope you have a happy & healthy 4th of July! Filled with love, laughter and a whole lot of fireworks! Make it unforgettable with these amazing recipes.