Winter is quickly approaching, which means less sunlight, colder weather and a lot of time indoors. We don’t know about you, but when the weather gets cold it’s a lot harder for us to stay motivated. It could be a lot easier if we could just hibernate and wait for Spring, but unfortunately that’s not the case.
Here are six tips for a good attitude this Winter
1. Take up a new hobby – Whether it’s painting, reading or making funny videos, it’s important to find hobbies in the house that don’t include screens. Although binging Netflix is always tempting, finding hobbies that really work that brain of yours will bring you much more enjoyment and satisfaction.
2. Stick to your routine – When it’s dark and gloomy outside, it’s easy to want to stay cozied up in a blanket all day. But, sticking to your daily routine is a proven fact that you’ll feel better as well as more motivated. Wake up around the same time, eat your meals around the same time and exercise around the same time. Which brings us to our next point…
3. Staying active – holy smokes this is an important one. It’s about time we dust off the old treadmill/coat hanger and get our indoor workouts in. Whether you go to the gym or workout at home, there’s a million exercises you can do from the comforts of your own living room. Social media is a great place to find all kinds of workouts that you can do from anywhere. So there’s no excuses to working out this winter!
4. Organize – Declutter those rooms that were neglected while you were at the pool this Summer. Organizing can always seem like such a daunting task, but when you take it one closet, drawer or room at a time it’s always a little easier.
5. Get in touch with family and friends – with the holiday’s quickly approaching, it’s a great time to slow down and reach out to friends and family. Host a game night or a themed party. Make cookies together and send them to someone who needs their day brightened. We’re all feeling that cold weather gloominess, so any chance you can take to make your day or someone else’s day better is a day well spent.
6. You time – Take time to relax and pamper yourself a little. Go get a facial or massage or even put a puzzle together. The time is yours and it’s important to take time for yourself every once in a while. Take your time to recenter and find your zen, so when the Springtime rolls around you’re ready to go!
Here’s to making these gloomy months a little bit better,